It's hot here. I'm always waiting for a storm, hoping it will cool things off. That has happened once so far in the two-and-a-half weeks since I arrived. There have actually been several storms since I've been here, very exciting with strong wind and heavy rain, but only once did it cool off afterwards.
I've made friends with the local expat crowd, the Germans and the Italians, there're all terrific, especially my neighbor, Margaret, who loves to speak english. Sadly, she's leaving for an extended holiday tomorrow and won't be back until early October.
The language gap is a problem, more so than I had hoped. But I've found a tutor to work with, Daou, and I'm becoming more accustomed to the local accent, so I know will improve over time. It's just so slow. But I've learned that the keyword for my experience here is "wait." Either wait for someone or something, or wait and the problem will resolve itself. Patience, time, don't force it. It's a good lesson.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment